I love working directly with writers!
I can answer questions, research issues, or review all or part of a manuscript or screenplay to help you use legal issues in the most compelling, yet credible, way. Depending on your needs, I can write a memo you can rely on as you complete your drafts and move toward publication or production, or discuss the project with you by phone. Either way, you’ll learn what you’ve done right, and where you’ve gone astray–and come away with realistic ways to incorporate the law into your plot, setting, and characterization.
During an initial no-fee consult, we will discuss your story and needs, and decide how I can best help you. I will estimate the time needed before starting the project.
- All clients of Law & Fiction will be asked to sign an agreement to use the research and other information obtained solely in connection with your fiction, and acknowledging that use of Law & Fiction's services does not create an attorney-client relationship or attorney-client privilege.
- I do not provide advice in dealing with personal legal problems of any kind. If you need assistance with a legal issue that relates to a nonfiction writing project, or that does not relate to writing fiction, you must consult an attorney licensed to practice law in your state.
- While I have attempted to make the information presented on this site as accurate as possible, nothing on this website should be construed as legal advice between an attorney and client.
- You should not rely on the information on this site as a substitute for legal counsel and advice if you or someone you know is personally involved in a legal matter. Law & Fiction assumes no liability for errors or omissions, and is not liable for any damages you suffer when you use this website, including but not limited to direct, indirect or incidental damages.
- Without limiting any of the above, the information on LawandFiction.com is provided without warranties of any kind, either express or implied. Your use of this site binds you to its terms and conditions, which can be changed at any times.
- If you have questions about this site or this disclaimer, please contact me.